Summit Body Work Truck and Van Bodies, a quality manufacturer of custom designed truck and van bodies is looking for skilled individuals to join the team! If you are a motivated team player who is committed to producing a high quality product on time and safely, we want you on our team. Summit Body Work Truck and Van Bodies has immediate openings for Mounting Truck and Van Body Technician to fit and fabricate custom bodies according to blueprints.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying work order, bill of materials and blueprints.
- Gather parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
- Position and secure components per print locations.
- Verify specifications by measuring completed component.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Maintain and wear all required personal protective safety equipment.
- Participate in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
- Other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Frequent mobility and/or sitting, standing, bending or stooping for prolonged/extended periods.
- Requires lifting up to 100 pounds frequently.
- Requires stretching to reach items up to 100 pounds.
- Requires working in areas which are not ventilated or air-conditioned.
- Requires eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate machinery.
- Occasionally works at heights using ladder or mechanical lift.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires working in a fast paced environment.
- Requires a normal range of hearing and vision.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with good standing MVR.
- Ability to read blueprints and work orders.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Must have basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills.
- Experience with hydraulics, vehicle electrical systems, mechanical systems and installation techniques.
- Ability to efficiently use various power and hand tools.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and constant interruptions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to be responsive and highly efficient with relaying information.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully pass a General Abilities Assessment and Post-offer background check, physical and drug screening.
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble