The employer is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Implements and executes plans to complement the Area's strategic operating plan; champions the execution of the strategic plan and tactical initiatives within the Business Unit, including but not limited to operating safely, enhancing customer experience, improving efficiency and maximizing profitability.
- Works with Area and Region sales management to drive the commercial, industrial, residential and municipal sales efforts within the Business Unit to achieve targeted growth objectives, exceed customer experience expectations and optimize profitability.
- Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees.
- Leads operations to ensure compliance with all standards including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting and ethics.
- Manages performance and talent development..
- Builds and maintains strong and effective relations with relevant government, community and environmental groups.
- This position may require travel by air, car and/or other modes of transportation up to 30% of the time.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability to execute against formulated strategy.
- Ability to lead large scale change initiatives.
- Ability to direct large staff of functional experts to execute the corporate strategy.
- Ability to build strong sales teams; select best candidates, coach and develop the best talent.
- Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to optimize near-term results that contribute to long-term sustainable success.
- Collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Ability to manage an extended span of control, with multiple sites and multiple business lines (e.g., hauling, landfills, recycling, new business).
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or Business.
- Master's Degree.
Previous experience in the environmental services industry.
- Previous employment by a Fortune 500 company.
- Experience in labor relations.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive leadership and management responsibility.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive leadership and management responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years of P & L experience.
Associated topics: dispatcher, fleet management, handler, management, manager, manager trainee, supervisor, svce, technician, union