*Still actively recruiting for this position as of the week of 1/7/2019*
Seeking motivated candidates who want to work in a fast paced and unique job environment where you can truly make an impact in the world today. If you are interested in challenging and technical work, or if you just want to be a part of something bigger than you, then this could be a perfect fit for your next job or maybe even the start of an exciting and brand new career.
As a Senior Network Administrator you will be responsible for maintaining the communications infrastructure supporting an extensive array of networks. This job is important, and every server you touch, every install you support, and every configuration change you execute, all is tied to something bigger and you will make a difference.
Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
Provides advice and training to end-users.
Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- Manages Site Comms Processor (SCP); Automated Message Handling Systems Secure Message and routing Terminal; XML Information BUS; Information Transfer System; and the SMC Helpdesk customer message queues.
- Manages error correction and troubleshooting for undelivered messages
- Responsible for managing SOCOMM and the Autodin Customer Information Database (CID)
- Ensures customer information databases are up to date and synchronized
- Oversees SOCOMM and AUTODIN Contingency Plans Update Master Lists; coordinate scheduled CCRP and COOP testing
- Coordinates with users and other organizations to establish cause and result for after action reports for message anomalies
- Performs AUTODIN; AMHS backups; daily partial backups and weekly full backups.
- Provides technical assistance to customers in support of complex secure message and data networks by managing message platform connections.
Must have current TS/SCI with CI Polygraph
Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e., CompTIA Security+CE, or CCNA-Security
Must attain the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date
Experience with ITIL Incident Management processes
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Associated topics: http, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network administrator, operating system, scom sccm, system administrator, system center operations manager, tcp