AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we operate in over 80 countries and employ around 35,000 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
Our Vehicle Refinishes Business Unit is a leading supplier of products, color technology and state-of-the-art customer services for automotive refinishing and commercial vehicle and rail original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and repair. Our global Sikkens Premium brand has high quality products and services, and a position in emerging markets. We are leaders and innovators in digital color.
AkzoNobel Performance Coatings has an outstanding opportunity for an Account Manager in the Vehicle Refinishes - Sign division.
This is a home-based/remote sales position with the ideal candidate being based in the Western United States, Colorado or Utah.
Key Objective of the Job\\:
The Regional Account Manager (West Region) Sign will coordinate all activities associated with the retention of existing customers and gaining new customers. They will proactively review existing accounts to ensure we are maximizing our opportunity to retain and grow existing customers. In addition, they will research, prospect, and grow new business.
- Achieves assigned territory budget and business plan by gaining new business while supporting and growing existing customers.
- Has a professional understanding of the features and benefits of all services and is able to effectively communicate them to customers and prospects.
- Continually develops relationships with Key Distributor s and Manufacturing customers to promote and ensure high levels of satisfaction and retention through monthly calls, audits and review meetings.
- Evaluates customer issues and needs then develops plans for resolution by providing the correct team resource. Coordinates appropriate team and internal resources and external services to satisfy customer needs.
- Manages expense budgets, company assets and diagnostic equipment so as to maximize the use of company resources.
- Evaluates market trends and competitive information. Identify trends that effect current and future growth of web traffic, sales and profitability.
- Develops and maintains competitive analysis and working Business plan.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED with 3-5 year sales experience in the coatings industry. Bachelor s degree from a four-year college preferred.
- Paint applications experience in an Industrial Manufacturing Environment (Sign Manufacturing) preferred.
- Ability to travel 85% of the time, including attendance at occasional weekend trade conferences.
- Excellent communication, presentation and sales skills required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including Word, Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal skills, driven and self-starter.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both a pre-employment background check and a drug screening. In some case, pre-employment physicals may also be required.
All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans (M/F/D/V)
Associated topics: garden, inventory, lawn, manage, management, manufacture, plant, plant management, production management, transplant